Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Relay For Life























This Friday, June 11th, the Fulton County Relay For Life will be hosting their event. Maddy is going to participate in the survivor lap to kick off the event. We didn't have time to think about a team this year, but felt the need to participate in some way. If you haven't already donated to this cause, you can do so in Maddy's honor at:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY10OH?px=17014520&pg=personal&fr_id=23543

So far, Maddy seems to be tolerating the Maintenance phase. She gets her blood counts checked locally next week. Her hair is growing back quickly and her eyebrows and eye lashes are coming back in thicker and darker. She is starting to look like her "old" self. It is hard to believe how different she looked just a couple of months ago. We attended a Make-A-Wish event a while back and they had a photographer taking pictures of the kids. They just emailed them to us yesterday (see above). The pictures were another reminder of everything Maddy has been through, but also a reminder of how BEAUTIFUL she is inside AND out no matter what!

We are getting excited about our Make-A-Wish trip. We are praying all goes as planned.

3 comments:

  1. Maddy, you are such a little model!!! I'm so glad you are getting along so well. Hang in there sweetie. I'm still praying for you. When is your Make a Wish trip? I pray you have good weather and that you are all feeling just great and have a wonderful time. Mr. Hill and I are going out west to Pike's Peak, the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam in Las Vegas! I think we'll be very tired and need a vacation to recover from our vacation. Say hi to Lizzie for me and give Julia a hug. I can't wait to see your new look!
    Bye for now. Love, Mrs. Hill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lamberts,
    Maddy, YOU LOOK SO GOOD! It's amazing to see your smile. It makes me smile!! You'll have to post a photo with your new hair starting to grow back soon!! :)

    Today my nephew graduated from Ohio University in Athens. I went to his graduation. It was a long road trip there an back, but it was fun. What was interesting was that my sister met a 10 year old girl from Defiance that is going through treatments for leukemia and is going to swim with dolphins in July! She was camping at the same campground we were at, that's how my sister got to know her. I wondered if you are going at the same time? I'll have to check with you at Julia's softball practice or game.
    Did you get some new swimsuits to swim with the dolpins? I'm sure the dolpins will enjoy your company!!

    Love,
    Mrs. Schmucker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddy-

    Very stylish photos indeed! I love the picture that shows off all of your bracelets. :-) When exactly is your "Make a Wish" trip? I will start praying for that specifically and that your counts stay up so you can enjoy the whole dolphin experience. Make sure you take LOTS of pictures of your mom in her swimsuit for us!
    Love~ The Warners

    ReplyDelete