Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Maddy and I spent Mother's Day in the hospital.  Maddy spiked a fever Saturday afternoon and we had to go to the hospital.  With her counts so low, they don't take any chances.  They started antibiotics right away and she also had a platelet and blood transfusion.  Now we just wait to make sure her fever stays away.  If it does, she will hopefully be able to come home on Tuesday on the antibiotics.  Russ and Julia came up today after the choir concert so Russ and I could do the changing of the guard at the hospital.  When Julia and I were leaving, her temp was 99.6...

I have learned a lot over the last two and a half years, but this weekend reminded me of one of the most important lessons I have learned and that is to take advantage of and be grateful for times you are able to spend together as a family.  I think in the hustle and bustle of life we sometimes forget this.  Being together as a family would have made this the best Mother's Day ever.  Maybe next year!

1 comment:

  1. As Bob Barker would say, "Come on Down" fever! Let's get that darling girl back home. You are loved, dear Maddy.

    Well said, Dorothy. Being loved and having family that loves and supports one another makes one the "wealthiest" person on earth.

    Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete