Thursday, August 2, 2012

End of Cycle 4

After the usual delays, Maddy's counts were finally where they needed to be to start her last high dose methotrexate chemo treatment today.  She will be in the hospital for a few days for this treatment and then will have to recover before one more chemo treatment to complete this last cycle of treatment in this phase.  Once this is done, she will have radiation and then finally hit the "Maintenance" phase.  We go for a consultation next week for radiation since this will be a new experience.  We are hoping for minimal delays from this point on so that Maddy can get back to school ASAP.  It looks like she won't quite make it for the start of school, but we are hoping she will make it back shortly there after.

It is hard to believe that Maddy is going to be a fourth grader and Julia an eighth grader!  Boy does time fly!

Coming up in September is the second annual CureSearch Walk in Toledo.  All the money raised by CureSearch goes directly to children's cancer research and resources.  You can go to the link below to check it out:

http://www.curesearchwalk.org/toledo/maddy

September is also Childhood Cancer Awareness Month-  wear your GOLD ribbons!



7 comments:

  1. Dear Maddy,
    Fourth Grade, oh boy! Ask your Mom and Dad if they are ready for a recorder to be played in their house again!! I will be planning to wait till you come back before we start them ;-)
    I'm back in Illinois for my fourth week of visiting my parents this summer. It's great to see Mom standing again. She still has a ways to go so you keep her in your prayers as YOU have been in hers/ours. Hang in there Maddy. You can do it. looking forwarded to seeing you soon.

    Love,
    Mrs. Hill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maddy,

    So good to see you at the community dinner! You did a great job helping. My dad is still bragging to me that he got to sit at your table! I think he thinks you are a pretty special kid! Of course I agree!!

    I am SO glad you are in you last treatment cycle!! Then get to maintenance and you will be back with us all at school everyday! I can't wait to have you back on the playground, but please stay away from those dumb bees!!

    Hang in there and just keep thinking "LAST ONE"!!! See you soon!

    Love you lots,
    Mrs. B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Mushroom,
    I am so glad you are back home! Keep those fever bugs and mouth sores away! 1 more chemo treatment! YEAH!!!! I'm sure you will be glad to be able to go back to school soon! I'll be home so maybe we can hang out together some until you can go back to AES. That would be fun, but only if you have your school work done!!!! Or I can help you and then we can play! :) Do you know how to play Rummi Cube? It is a fun game and I'll teach you if you don't know how. Or we can do whatever you want.

    See you soon!
    Lots of Love and Prayers,
    Cindy aka Petunia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys,
    I am so sorry to read that Maddy is suffering so much from anxiety. That must be incredibly hard. The chemo, pain, nausea things are hard enough without that making everything so much more stressful. All we really want is for out kids to be happy, right?
    Anyway, I will be thinking of Maddy and you all as she heads through radiation. I hope Maintenance gets started as soon as possible and that things get happier.
    Hugs,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great to see you guys last night at Addi's party. Seeing Maddi smiling melted my heart. You look wonderful !!You are becoming such a beautiful young lady. Praying for happy and healthy days ahead.
    Sharon Lutz

    ReplyDelete