Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Maintenance


YIPEE!!! Maddy's counts are up and she starts "Maintenance" tomorrow. During this phase, Maddy will have chemo every 4 weeks through her port, steroids 5 days each month, one oral chemo pill once a week, another oral chemo pill once a day, and spinal taps for chemo once every 12 weeks. Each maintenance cycle lasts 12 weeks and will be repeated until January 15, 2012. Again, mark your calendars for the PARTY!!! : )

Maddy's hair is starting to grow back. We are not sure we are going to have a blondie anymore- it is coming in dark. The doctors say she should keep her hair during maintenance. Hopefully, by the time school starts next year, Maddy will have a head of hair and be ready for school.

Looking back, it is hard to believe we have made it this far. We could not have done it without all the support we have received from family and friends. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

It is always a relief to make it through another year of school, but this year even more so. We are looking forward to a little less hectic schedule this summer and some time to relax and recoup. A long nap sounds really good...

Maddy says "I love you!" to everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Maddy!!!! LOVE the new picture! And brown haired girls are the best! (Don't tell Julia!) Can't wait to see how your hair grows back! I will see you on the 11th if you guys are home that Friday night, if not, I'll see you sometime that weekend as at least Tyler and I will be up. Looking forward to meeting Lizzy - she sounds and looks like a great puppy!! Very thankful to know that your counts are up and your treatments are moving forward. You are in my prayers daily. Love you Sweetie!
    Aunt Leshie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddy,
    I will miss you a lot this summer. I got Miss Hurst for my teacher next year. Who did you get? I hope I get to see you sometime this summer.
    Love,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddy,
    That is really good news that you can go forward with you maintenance. I love your new Pic with Lizzie~she is getting big!Have a great summer...school will start before you know it.So glad you can go back this year! :O) Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maddy,
    You have the cutest dog around! I think her name is super-awesome, too. Did you know my daugther's name is Elizabeth...but we call her Lizzie all the time? You'll have to bring your Lizzie over to meet our Lizzie sometime. :) Julia said she gets to hold Lizzie (the puppy) sometimes when you aren't snuggling with her. Maybe you'll have to get another puppy for Julia... If you do, name her Rebecca! HA!

    It's so great to see your hair coming back!! Did you know Mrs. Boulton's hair is coming back too? We all got to see her new hair yesterday at the teacher work day. She looks fabulous! It will be fun to see what kind of hair styles you do with your new hair.

    I'm going to miss seeing Julia each day. She's such a good sister. She loves you so much. I bet you two will have a good summer and not even argue, right?

    I'm going to keep praying for you this summer and probably for a long time. I'm excited about the party to celebrate the end of your treatments. You're so brave!!

    Love,
    Mrs. Schmucker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maddy, Your dog Lizzie is so cute. Who do you have for a teacher next year? I have Mr. Bacik. Thank you for the guardian angel. I love it! Thank you for the candy. My sister Brooke says to say Hi! I really liked seeing you at school. It was a BIG surprise. I pray for you every night for you to get better. Love, Emily Hines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maddy how awesome it is to hear you are in the maintenance stages of your treatments. You are such an inspiration to see. Your pictures always amaze me to see that huge smile you have. I'm sure there are times that are not so good but your smile certaintly gives my spirit a boost. Lizzie is so cute. My girls have been begging for a little dog. We have a German Shephard (Lexie) who weighs 95 pounds and she lives outside. I wanted to tell you how excited Emily was when you showed up at school. She called me at work to make me guess who had come to school. The guardian angel is so beautiful! Emily I'm sure will cherish it forever. We continue to pray for you and your family every night. Keep on smiling because God is good all the time, all the time God is good. We have used that many times and how true it is! Emily feels very special to be called one of your guardian angels. Don't forget you are an angle too! You and your family have an awesome summer. We will keep watching your blog! God's Blessings, Kim Hines

    ReplyDelete