Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Moving Forward

Maddy was finally able to have her chemo treatment on Monday.  She also had to get her Broviac catheter repaired- one of the lumens (lines) was damaged.  Fortunately, the repair just consisted of cutting off the damaged portion of the line and gluing the new line on.  We are hoping this repair lasts as we really don't want Maddy to have to go through another surgery to have a new catheter put in.

She will hopefully finish Cycle 2 next week when she has her spinal chemo treatment.  Unfortunately, with all the delays, this puts her starting Cycle 3 with a four day hospital stay during the first week of school.  Russ and I will have to figure out what to do with this, but there is always a chance that her counts won't be high enough and we will have another delay.  This is what drives us CRAZY!

We just loaded a bunch of pictures from over the summer.  I thought I would share some of the highlights.










3 comments:

  1. Great pics!!! We pray for you as you are in this cycle and struggle with NOT being able to make a plan for the coming weeks!

    The Reicherts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy,

    I SMURF you!!

    Love,
    Mrs. Bueher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics!!I have a good one of you girls at the COG walk on my fridge. I think of you often and pray for you all daily. Stay Well !!!

    ReplyDelete