Sunday, April 7, 2013

Three Months

It will be three months tomorrow since Maddy passed away, but it feels like an eternity.  I wish I could say that it was getting easier, but I would not be telling the truth.  While we are able to make it through each day, I still fall asleep every night thinking of Maddy and wondering how this happened and it is the first thought in my head when I wake up each morning.  Today, I went through our office trying to sort through some piles that had been building.  Our office had been Maddy's classroom for the last three years- it broke my heart to go through her basket of school stuff.  I had to just leave her desk for another day.  I don't know if I will ever be ready to go through her bedroom.

On a brighter note, we have been told that there are now 6 potential bone marrow matches from the Bone Marrow Drive.  This gives us a little comfort knowing that others may be saved.

Finally, the ABC 4 Maddy Relay for Life team is selling memorial t-shirts until April 15th.   If interested, you can turn in your orders to Archbold Elementary School or let us know and we will get the order placed for you.


6 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how hard it must be, with Maddy not being there. I will never forget her. And I think of you guys a lot.
    So great about all the bone marrow matches. That is fabulous.
    Hugs from me and Pete,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post just made my heart ache. I can't imagine the pain that you feel. Praying for you all!

    Ordered Maddy shirts for the family, I'm looking forward to getting them!
    Sarah Nafziger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue you hold you and your family up in prayer. Precious news that 6 people are a match.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dor...is there anyway I could get one of these? I would love to purchase one!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. After thanking God for His blessings each night, you, Russ, and Julia remain first in our prayers. We think of your family often...
    Amy D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See you next weekend, I'm not in great shape, but will do my best in the 5k in Maddy's memory!

    ReplyDelete