Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Almost

I have been holding off posting lately in hopes that I could announce that Maddy had made it through the first of her 5 ten week maintenance treatment cycles and was on to the next.  She was due for a diagnostic spinal tap and the start of Cycle #2 tomorrow, but her counts did not make it so everything is postponed.  Hopefully, next week she will get back on track.

We have had a couple ups and downs this past cycle.  Because she had to have her catheter removed due to infection and a temporary Picc line put in, she will have to have surgery in December to place a new port-  Maddy decided she wanted to go back to a port instead of the catheter this time.  She has also been having some heart palpitations so she is currently hooked up to a heart monitor.  The last four weeks of chemo have also really knocked her counts down.   All of this has taken its toll on Maddy-  she gets tired easily and even goes to bed early on her own without  being told! She is a trooper though and keeps pushing forward usually with a big smile on her face!

Hope to post again soon with the news that we are on to the next cycle...


2 comments:

  1. Maddy, you rock! I love seeing your smiling face everyday at school! You make me smile every time I look at you!! Love you!
    Mrs. B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy, you rock! I love seeing your smiling face everyday at school! You make me smile every time I look at you!! Love you!
    Mrs. B.

    ReplyDelete