Monday, November 26, 2012

Where We Are

Today, Maddy had surgery to put in another catheter and also received another spinal chemo treatment.  Maddy's bone marrow came back free of disease, so we need to keep it that way.   Everything went well and we are home for now until Thursday.  We spoke to Dr. Jasty today about what our next step will be.  Because there is no standard protocol to follow for Maddy anymore, she is checking with colleagues to determine the best course of systemic chemo treatment.  The goal right now is to get her spinal fluid cleared of disease and also treat her systemically to prevent the leukemia from returning in the bone marrow.  As this is happening, we will be going back to the University of Michigan to consult with the bone marrow transplant team and start a donor search as this looks like where we are headed.

For the next two days, we are going to attempt to go on with life as "normal".  Russ and I have some things to figure out from that point...




4 comments:

  1. Great news on the clear marrow. I am so sorry that you guys are going through such stressful times.
    Hugs from Bridget and Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamberts-
    So glad to hear the bone marrow is disease free. We will continue to pray for your precious little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halleluiah! I know this is only one small step, but with God all things are possible. Prayers never ceasing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Lambert Family! It's me, Angelina. I just wanted to say I've been a prayer warrior, big time the last week straight. I'm so glad it wasn't found in the marrow; but know you're still struggling so I'll keep 'em up. I will say extra prayers not only for the fam; but also for all the health professionals to be granted wisdom and right judgement to be guided to the best course(s) of action so Maddy can get to a million and more "normal" days...not just glimpses here and there. If you get a chance please lt me know how I can be tested as a donor? Also, please feel free to email and let me know if there's anything I can do! Big Hugs> sent your way

    ReplyDelete