Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Update- Day 2

Maddy is doing well.  She had her spinal yesterday and received her first two chemo treatments.  This chemo can affect the kidneys, so they are monitoring this.   She will continue getting the two chemo treatments each day for a total of five days.  

Last night, Maddy was in a good mood.  We went for a walk and searched out all the little babies in the PICU.  We also scoped out some more rooms.  We found the room we want next time-  it is big enough for two beds and the big reclining chair that we found on a previous visit! :  )   We also convinced the nurses to swap out our TV remote/call button with one that actually has numbered buttons and can go up and down channels.  It was a very productive walk!  : )

Today, Maddy was very tired.  She had to be woken up throughout the night and "tiredness" is one of the side effects of the chemo, but she is as ornery as ever.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Maddy,

    Glad to hear you are as ornery as ever! I love to see that spunk in you. That is just what is going to help you beat this junk once and for all! Keep it up kiddo!

    Glad you found a better remote and a better room for next time. Now just work on getting assigned to it. I am pretty sure you are one of the "favorites" there so am sure you can get it done. If not, put your mom on it. She will get it done.

    Have a good day tomorrow. Hang in there, as always.

    Love and prayers,
    Mrs. Buehrer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maddy,

    I love getting good messages from you and your family! Selfishly, it helps me have better evenings and days. That''s because I just smile when I think about you and how brave you are. :) Keep up the good work! You are going to beat this ugly disease! I need you in my "Archbold Leukemia Survivor Club.' YOU are a fighter and a winner!

    God is Good ALL the Time!

    Hugs and Love and Prayers,
    Miss Heckel

    ReplyDelete
  3. You keep them on their toes at the hospital, Maddy!!!! I hope you can get some good rest today. Know that the Reichert Family is praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddy~

    We are praying for you always, always, always!

    Hugs to you!!

    The Conways

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are also praying for you Maddy! You are such a brave little girl. We are proud of you and thinking about you everyday!! HUGS AND PRAYERS (The Rosales Family)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maddy,
    I miss you a lot. I hope you had a good day today. I'm excited about getting to make a book. Are you? I know what I what to write about. Do you know what story you want to do? My family is praying for you alot.
    Love
    Megan ;)

    ReplyDelete