Tuesday, February 2, 2010

100th Day

Today, the first graders celebrated the 100th day of school at the Knights of Columbus. I (Maddy's mom) got a little sad as I visited with all the first graders and saw what a neat experience this was for them. Of course, the first grade teachers sent plenty of activities for Maddy to do at home with Nanny, but it just wasn't the same. The day had not started out well and this was enough to put me over the edge. I had a little pity party for myself back at school (and of course had many wonderful friends who gave me their shoulders to cry on), and then I went back out to the Knights of Columbus to help wrap up the day. When I got home, Maddy showed me everything she had done with Nanny for 100th Day. Nanny took a lot of pictures (see a couple below).

Russ made it through his first two days back at school. It feels like the start of school all over again for him. He has to get used to talking all day again!

All else is going well...

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Maddy, I thought about you yesterday missing the 100th day of school. Erin was home sick with the flu yesterday and today. I know she is sad to miss that special day! Miss Heckel saved some activities for Erin to do as well. Miss Heckel is AWESOME!!!! I am glad things are going well with your treatment. I am sending extra hugs for your Mom. It is so hard to see your child be sick and miss out on things. You are so loved, Maddy!!!! And the Reicherts keep praying for you!

    Beth Reichert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mommy, I imagine it's ok for you to have a rough day or even a meltdown every once in awhile. I had a meltdown in the car on the way to school today and everything is "normal" at my house. :-)
    It didn't cure me so I'm pretty sure I'll have another one before the week's end.

    You have lots of friends to lean on at AES. So......lean on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddy,
    We missed you and Erin at 100 Day yesterday. But we are so glad you had a fun day with Nanny. I showed the kids your portrait of what you are going to look like when you are 100. We all thought it was so cool. You are quite an artist! Tomorrow we are going to take it to Art with us and show it to Mrs. Rosene. We are so proud of you!!!! Tell Grandma that she is doing a terrific job with Skype. It is going very, very well! The kids love you and so do I! See you in the morning! Love, Miss Heckel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddy,
    We will miss having you in music tomorrow. But you know what, we want you to get "all better" and know the Drs. are doing their best to make it be so. We are praying for you every day and trusting God to heal you. My cousin's son had what you have and he's doing great now. I look forward to seeing you each time we get to join you at home. Do you like the songs on the CD? I thought you might really like the one about the Dolphins since I read you want to swim with them. Wow, that'll be so cool! You be real brave tomorrow like you always are. I'm so proud of you. I'm also praying for Mom and Dad and Julia. It is so wonderful that you know Jesus and that He cares for you so much. He won't let go of your hands.
    Love and prayers
    Mrs. Hill and Mr. Hill too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maddy
    I hope it went good at the docters.I missed you on skype today.I like your green shirt:)I hope you feel good tommorow so you can play in the snow. I'm still wearing the Maddy bracelet:) Maddy do you ever play on Webkinz if so maybe we can be on each other friends list?
    love
    Megan:0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maddy
    This is Emily, what did you think of the 100th day? One of my favorite things was making my tee shirt. What was your favorite thing? I'm glad you're feeling good. I'm glad you and grandma are having fun. I will see you later on skype.

    Love Emily Hines

    ReplyDelete