Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Three Down

Maddy had her third treatment in the Interim Maintenance phase today. She has one more treatment next Friday and then she has a little break before the next phase, Delayed Intensification, starts. She will have her blood counts monitored locally to determine if this next phase can start on time. She had a spinal tap with chemo and her two chemo drugs through her port today. She isn't feeling the best this evening, but hopefully a good night's sleep will help.

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for you tonight, Maddy! I sure hope that a night's rest helps. Your body is all worn out from all that treatment today! I hope that you are all snuggled in your bed with some special animals resting. I pray that your body heals and fights that cancer while you rest peacefully tonight!

    Beth Reichert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your little heart Maddy honey. You are a very brave little girl and I'm real proud of you. I'll see you in music class after your next treatment and time to recover. I hope you enjoyed the lovely snowfall today. I love it when you can see the snowflakes long enough to see their shape. They are all so beautiful.
    Still praying for your strength and healing every day.
    Love,
    Mrs. Hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Maddy- hang in there. I got tired and feeling crummy just by reading about the treatment you received on Tuesday! YIKES! That was a big day of medicine! Continue to be brave and we will continue to pray that God gives you just the strength you need for each phase of your treatment.
    We made a snowman in front of your mom's office today- we'll see how long it lasts.
    Get lots of good rest and we will continue to pray for complete healing. (BTW- I really think I need to go down to Miss Heckel's room and see how SKYPE works with you at home. Miss Heckel was telling me all about it one day at school- it sounds so cool. Don't be surprised if you see me in her classroom some day soon!)

    ReplyDelete