Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bald IS Beautiful Again





Today, Maddy and Russ participated in the St. Balderick's hair shaving event that was held in Archbold. As usual, we are amazed by all the support of our family and friends. As of 6:00 PM on Wednesday, just three short days after Maddy and Russ decided to do this event, we had $930 in pledges. The entire event raised close to $6000.00 and counting. We want to thank everyone who came out to support Maddy and Russ.

Channel 13 was at the event and interviewed Maddy and Mom. Below is the link to the article and video from their website. (The interview aired on the 5:30 news.)

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7335958

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maddy

    I saw you on the news. You look beautiful!! I hope you feel better tomorrow so we can see you on Skype I was going to be the camera person today. I missed you today.
    Love
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy,
    I am so proud of you! You and your Dad were so cool out at Terry Henrick's this afternoon. I was glad that I could come out and see you a few minutes. I love the pictures your Mom posted. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

    I checked the St. Balderick's site and it shows that $1000.00 was collected in your name! That is sooooooooooooo cool!

    Love you, Miss Heckel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to see you via internet on the news Maddy!! Great job! How's your dad like his bald head?? Looking forward to seeing you at Easter!

    Love,
    Aunt Alicia/Leshie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddy,
    It was good to meet you at the St. Baldricks event on Wednesday! Your dad look pretty good too, mabye you can talk mom into it next time! I'm working on a new bracelet for you to wear.
    God Bless,
    Laurie Froelich

    ReplyDelete