Thursday, June 23, 2011

Counts Up

Maddy went to the clinic this morning for blood work. Her counts were up today, so she was sent to the hospital to be admitted for treatment- only after stopping at the cafeteria for some BBQ ribs for "lunch" at 11:00 AM. As of 8:00 PM, her treatment hasn't started yet. They are having trouble getting her pH level and specific gravity where it needs to be before they start the chemo. The nurse has a call into the oncologist to see what she wants them to do. Hopefully they figure it out soon so we can get going- the sooner we get started the sooner we can get out of the hospital.

4 comments:

  1. Hope they got things going. Have to be out by the 4th wk end for sure! I think "someone" is having a birthday soon!!

    Hang in there Maddy. Be brave like you always are! See you soon!

    Love,
    Mrs. Buehrer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiddo,
    I know YOU are strong,
    I know YOU can do it,
    and I know God is with YOU!

    See you soon! I love your Mom's updates on your blog!

    Lots of Prayers and Love to the bravest 7 year old I know!
    Miss Heckel aka 'Grandma Cindy Lou'

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maddy,
    I bet those BBQ ribs were delicious! I am sorry to hear that it is taking so long to get things started! I hope and pray they can get things moving for you quickly! I know you are brave little girl...keep up the good fight! Hang in there and keep smiling!

    Love,
    Miss Hurst

    ReplyDelete