Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tuesday

Maddy finished receiving what amounted to be about a gallon of chemo through her IV over a 24 hour period around 8:30 this evening.  Julia and I went to the hospital this evening with strict orders to stop at the Spaghetti Warehouse to pick up dinner on the way.  We were able to sit down as a family and have dinner and a few laughs.  Maddy then started to get very tired.  After her chemo was finished, we cuddled in bed and she fell sound asleep in a very short time.  As I laid beside her, I noticed that she had lost all of her eyelashes...

Maddy is still determined to get discharged by Friday.  She made Julia and I bring everything she would need for Relay tonight just in case we have to go straight from the hospital on Friday.  I am afraid that the chemo is going to knock her down, but she is tough and usually does what she says she is going to do.   The other day, Maddy was working on a little craft project.  She wrote a little saying on an index card that she was going to use on her project, but decided not to and threw it away.  Russ and I dug it out of the trash and this is what she had written:

I know I'm strong,
I know I can do it,
and I know God is with me!

5 comments:

  1. Maddy,
    You are one strong little cookie. I know you can do whatever it takes to get rid of this ugly leukemia! God is a God of Love and HEALING! He is with you every step of the way! I am so proud of you!

    I can hardly wait until Relay and that is mostly because you WiLL be there!

    Praying, praying, praying!

    Love you, Miss Heckel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maddy,

    I saw the picture of the bag of chemo you got! WOW! That was big. You are a very brave, strong little girl! Sounds like you did just great!

    Now just keep doing what they tell you to do so you can get out of there and join us at RFL on Friday night. Can't wait to see you. We will have everything all set up when you get there. I think you will like the decorations!

    Stay strong little one!! Just like Mandissa says in her song "Stronger".

    Hang in there kiddo.

    Love you,
    Mrs. Buehrer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddy~

    This is Mason. I hope you are feeling well by Friday. I am coming to walk the team lap, and I hope you are there, too. Listen to the doctors so you will feel LOTS better.

    Miss you!

    PS---God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddy
    You are like The Little Engine That Could: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. And, you know that God is with you. Hang on to that thought. Praying for you and your family.
    Love
    Mrs. Hill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are healing and able to have your way on Friday! we won't be able to be there to cheer you on because Moriah and Erin have their piano/voice recital on Friday evening. But know we will be cheering you and your awesome support team on in our hearts!

    We are praying for you every day!!

    ReplyDelete