Friday, January 15, 2010

Interim Maintenance

Phase three of Maddy's treatment started today. We went to the clinic. They said Maddy looked great and her counts were good. She received her first round of chemo drugs. Maddy did well. This phase will last around two months. She has to go back to the clinic every 10 days for chemo and she has one spinal tap during this phase. Unfortunately, the dosage of chemo increases each time she goes back and will most likely cause her immune system to crash again. Therefore, before each treatment, they will check her counts and if they are low the treatment will be postponed for 4 days. This may cause this phase to be extended based on how Maddy's body responds. Starting from today, we only have two years of treatment to go! Remember, there will be a party!

Right now, Russ is still off of work until the end of January. We are trying to figure out what to do then. It is hard when you don't know what each day will bring, but hopefully God will steer us in the right direction.

We hope everyone has a great weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Lamberts,

    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear all went well and Maddy did good! You are a brave little girl Miss Maddy! I'm sure mom and dad were proud of you and everyone else is too!

    Enjoy your 3 day weekend! See you on skype next week sometime Maddy. I see you studying sometimes when I stop in Miss Heckel's room. You can't see me, but I see you. You are doing such a good job with your schoolwork and I have heard you answer a lot of questions perfectly! Keep up the great work. The kids in your class are having fun picking out library books for you. But, they all want to do it! They will just have to take turns! Let me know if you want any certain kind and I'll make sure you get them.

    Take care everyone. Praying that Maddy tolerates the new treatments!

    Love,
    Mrs. Buehrer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lamberts,

    Dorothy, I was so glad to hear from you Friday evening! I was relieved to hear the day went as well as could possibly be expected. Maddy, you are one special little girl and you are handling everything so well. I am so proud of you!!!!! Did you take the little 'Worry' doll Mason gave you? I will pray everyday that the treatments do what they are suppose to do; but also that they do not make you feel bad. Hang in there and keep up the good work!!!!!

    The kids love skyping with you and so do I. We really missed you on Friday. Guess what: We did not get everything done ---- don't tell the principal! I'll send your Dad an email about what you need for Tuesday.

    Here's a Valentine joke for you:
    Q. What did the valentine card say to the stamp?

    A. Stick with me and we'll go places!

    Soon you will get a note about Valentines for school. Be thinking about a box!

    I'm still praying for all of you!
    Remember: God is Good all the time, All the time God is Good!

    Love,
    Miss Heckel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddy~

    Thinking of you and your family always!!

    The Conway Family

    ReplyDelete