Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Wow- 2010! So far, this year has started out well. Maddy is feeling good and has been able to enjoy a few outings. She had her third spinal tap in three weeks on New Year's Eve. She did such a great job. With a little bribing of Zhu Zhu pet accessories, she didn't scream or kick around when the nurse accessed her port. Now if we could only find the accessories in stock!
(Maddy has decided to name her port "Po-po". She says it is her new imaginary friend.)

Maddy gets this week off- no spinal taps- just her oral chemo pills. Next week, she will be finishing up with the Consolidation phase of treatment and will be moving into the next phase of treatment called Interim Maintenance. This phase lasts two months and involves getting 2 different IV chemo drugs in increasing doses every ten days if her counts stay good. She will also have another spinal tap. This schedule could be altered based on how Maddy's body responds.

We want to again thank everyone for all the continued support and prayers. We appreciate EVERYTHING everyone has done for us!!!

7 comments:

  1. Maddy,
    I am glad to hear all is going ok! You are always in our thoughts and prayers! Layne talks about you often and asks if I've heard anything!! Take care pretty girl! Hugs!
    Cheryl and Layne

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! You are all constantly in our thoughts & prayers! Having this blog is wonderful, the kids will ask about Maddy & we get on & Tori loves to see the pics! She giggled at the one w/Maddy & her papa w/matching heads! (She agrees w/you Maddy)May God continue to hold your hand & guide you through this journey.
    Love,
    Mike, Tiffany, Sarah, Jake, & Tori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddy!

    This is Mason. I wanted to tell you that you looked pretty today! See you tomorrow on skype!

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maddy! You don't know me, but my name is Melissa Greer. I went to school with both of your parents. I was a cheerleader with your mom (she was really good!) and believe it or not but ALL the girls had a HUGE crush on your dad! Weird, huh?
    Maddy, you a such a brave and beautiful young lady! I loved the picture of you and your grandpa!!!
    I am a kindergarten teacher at Hicksville and I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and I know God is blessing you!
    Melissa Greer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maddy~

    I was so, so, so, so, so, so glad I got to hug you tonight!!!


    I love you!

    Love,
    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maddy,
    I loved having supper with you and your family last night! It made my day to get to see you in person. You looked so cute in that new outfit - I think you said you got for Christmas from Aunt Debbie! Those black and white puppies in The Savvy Dog window were so cute! Have a fun weekend - I hope you can enjoy the snow a little!
    God is Good all the time, all the time God is Good!
    Love,
    Miss Heckel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Time sure does fly doesn't it??? I can't believe how much you've accomplished Maddy! You've been a real trooper :) Hope 2010 continues to be as wonderful! Miss you lots but glad I got to see you at Aunt Weezie's.

    ReplyDelete