Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Update

Today was a good day! Maddy's treatment went well today. Her counts were all good, so everything went as scheduled. She didn't cry at all this time when the nurse accessed her port. She seems to be handling the medication without any nauseousness so far. (She'll be ready for that Ho-Ho cake on Friday Mrs. Warner!) We also got an email from our friend, Christi Ranzau. This past weekend, the Ranzau family went to the Rascal Flatts concert in Toledo. Brodie, their son, won a back stage pass before the concert and he so thoughtfully gave the band one of Maddy's lime green bracelets. If you look closely at the pictures below, you can see that the guitarist, Joe Don Rooney, wore her bracelet during the concert. When we showed Maddy the pictures, she was amazed and thought that it was pretty cool!


Hi- It's Maddy. I just wanted to let everyone who has been thinking of me and praying for me know that I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! I can't wait to see all of my classmates and Miss Heckel tomorrow on Skype. I missed you all today!


4 comments:

  1. WOW Maddy! Now you are a celebrity!! Joe Rooney has one of your bracelets! That is way cool! I love Rascal Flatts! I have seen them once in concert! That is so neat that he wore your bracelet. I wonder if he still has it on??

    Way to go yesterday at your treatment! I hear you got to go to Wendy's afterwards! Did you have a frosty? You are so brave. I am glad you have been feeling better and are able to skype everyday!
    We all miss you and are glad you are getting better. Keep up the GREAT work!

    Love you,
    Mrs. Buehrer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy,

    What an inspiration you are! Look how far you have come. What a strong little young lady you have become. It is so wonderful to hear good news from the postings. Prays are being answered for you! God is good all the time!!
    What an awesome friend is Brodie, how cool of him to pass on his love and PRAYS by sharing your bracelet! Stay strong and brave!

    Emily will be mad because she is in bed and I am writing to you. She has been so excited that you are able to skype so much! She tells us everyday she gets to see you. We continue to pray for you and your family every night! Keep smiling, I know God is smiling down on you! Kim Hines (Emily's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madison,

    You're SO BRAVE, girlie!

    Way cool about Joe Don wearing your bracelet! Maggie and Lacie thought that was "AWESOME". Rascal Flatts have a HUGE heart for children. ;o) You need to go see them in concert sometime. They put on a great show. You'd have fun! How knows ... maybe you could win a backstage pass and thank them for supporting you. It could happen!!

    Lori Henry

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SOOOO cool, Maddy! I am really sorry I have not been posting lately. I have been thinking about you and PRAYING!!!! I am so glad you have been able to Skype so much! I know that means alot to your class and to Miss Heckel. ANd I was excietd to read about Make a Wish. I will be praying that your immune system stays STRONG through your treatment and it can be done fast! Our prayers are with the whole Lambert family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete