Monday, February 14, 2011

We're Home!



It was a very long day, but we finally got home around 7:30 PM. Maddy's surgery to remove her old port and replace it with a Broviac catheter went well. Maddy is quite sore, but hopefully will bounce back quickly before her next chemo treatment on Thursday. With this new catheter, Maddy will not have to get anymore needle pokes, but it is a lot more maintenance since it is partially external. Russ and I will get our lesson on how to do dressing changes and take care of the catheter to prevent infection when we go back to the hospital on Thursday.

It has been a long week and it is only Monday! We are glad to be home and hope to get a good night's sleep without the beeping of IV machines...


Thanks to everyone for continuous prayers!

9 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that all of the Lamberts are home again. I pray for a restful night of sleep for all of you. Thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Maddy and family are all back in Archbold. Sleep well tonight! Sounds like you did awesome again Maddy! Good girl! You are one tough kiddo! See you soon!
    Love,
    Mrs. Buehrer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise our awesome God! There is truly no place like home. Rest peacefully and sweetly in your own beds.
    Jan and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooooooo glad you are home, in Archbold, where you belong!! I do hope everyone gets some well deserved rest. Maddy, I just knew you would be brave today; you are one super strong kid. Hope you feel good enough to look at all those Valentines that were in your cute box today. Take care! See you soon.
    Love,
    Miss Heckel or "Grandma CindyLou"

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are home. Love and prayers to you and your family on this Valentine's Day.

    S.Tiplady

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are all home!! I will pray for a good nights sleep for the entire Lambert family. A rest that is well deserved.

    Ronda Lovejoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Maddy,
    I LOVE your new quilt. Oh how special to feel the love from your classmates and your wonderful teacher, Miss Hurst and her Mom wrapped around you. I bet a lot of nurses and doctors were impressed! You look great! Enjoy your family and the feel of your own bed :-) You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    P.S. I just saw Mrs. Clark on the news at McDonalds in Archbold at the Valentine supper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Garrow family continues to embrace you with our prayers everyday! Maddy, Delaney misses you so much and sends her love. Sweet dreams...now that everyone is sleeping where he/she belongs! :)

    My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.

    ~ Psalms 73:26

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home, Maddie!!!! I am so glad that you made it back home! We are praying you get stronger today and are ready for tomorrow!

    I love the verse the Garrows shared. This verse is on a paper right above my computer.

    God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and a sound mind.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete