Friday, January 11, 2013

Our Angel

Today, we buried our angel.  The mix of emotions is so great, I can't begin to sort them out yet.  I did want to share something though. Last night, I laid awake listening to the rain just pour down.  This morning, when I looked out the window, it was cloudy and dreary.  I thought to myself-  Maddy would not like this!  When we entered the church this morning to start the ceremony, it was still cloudy and looked like rain.    Then, towards the end of the ceremony when friends and family were giving their tributes to Maddy, the sun came out so brightly and shone through the stain glass windows of the church filling the entire church with light.  We always said that Maddy's smile could light up a room-  we believe Maddy was smiling down on us filling the entire church with light!  A sense of peace came over me at that moment.  I am sure we will need many more moments like this throughout the days and weeks to come, but feel secure in knowing that our angel is looking down on us!

13 comments:

  1. That was an awesome moment with the sunshine! Such a hard day, yet a wonderful reminder of what a blessing she has been. Continued prayers for you. The Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will continue to lift your family in prayer. Please continue to trust in the Lord and cling to the hope of our salvation. You WILL be reunited again, one day! This separation is temporary. God's promises and love are eternal. God gives you the peace that passes all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sun through the stained glass was so beautiful and perfect. Maddy always has and always will make her beautiful presence known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in awe.....it was truly beautiful! A fitting tribute for a perfect angel. Love and miss you, Maddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That moment was priceless ~ Riley & Reese both looked up at me and just smiled with tears in their eyes. I think everyone could feel Maddy's presence at that very moment ~ simply beautiful shining in <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was beautiful. Megan even said that Maddy was smiling. You will continue to be in our thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that same thing as I was driving through town. Maddy will let you know in many ways that she is still with you. Wishing you peace upon peace. Love the Erbskorns

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was driving to Defiance and also saw the big smiling sunshine in the sky. I knew it would be during Maddy's funeral service and it was a sign from Maddy smiling in her new Heavenly home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such bittersweet days. while Maddie sits on Jesus' lap she is missed so badly down here. Praying God continues to surround with you peace and many more reassuring moments of sunshine smiles in the days ahead. Hugging you in my heart-Laurel Clark

    ReplyDelete
  10. A college roommate e-mailed yesterday about her dad, whose own journey of 80+ years on earth is nearing an end. He said that he has seen many angels and that heaven's approach is so beautiful! I told her that Maddy will be one of the newest angels waiting to welcome him and asked her to have him give Maddy Archbold's love. May you continue to feel God's loving arms wrapped around you and when you look back at this journey, may you see only one set of footprints in the sand...

    ReplyDelete
  11. May Jesus surround you with his peace and joy today and everyday. I continue to pray for you each day.

    ReplyDelete