Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thank You

Today we celebrated Maddy's life.  Again, thank you to everyone who was able to celebrate with us.


We would like to thank the Archbold and surrounding communities for all the support and generosity you have given our family over the past three years!  During the difficult times in Maddy’s journey, everyone was always there to lift us up and help carry us through these times.  For this, we will be forever grateful! 

It is our wish that Maddy will forever be remembered for her strength, courage, kind heart, and of course, her smile!  Abraham Lincoln said, “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.”  Maddy lived more in nine years than many of us will live in a lifetime.  The memories she has left behind are what we will hold on to and cherish.  Thank you all again for being a part of these memories.

Below is the link to Maddy's video tribute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6-IBu5eMWY





P.S.

It will take a while, but we want to figure out a way to honor Maddy and make a difference in this world as she did.  One small way we can do this is to continue to support those causes out there that we found to be so important as Maddy went through her journey.  One such cause is the Red Cross Blood Drive-  we would have never realized the number of transfusions a person fighting leukemia would need throughout treatment if it weren't for Maddy.  On Tuesday, January 15, the Red Cross is hosting a blood drive at Ruihley Park in Archbold from 11-5:30.  To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-Red-Cross.

8 comments:

  1. Hold onto those memories...when sadness threatens to steal your joy, say a prayer of thanksgiving for her being in your life and sharing 9 precious years. Serves a dual purpose of bringing you closer to her and doesn't allow the enemy of darkness to touch you. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorothy and Russ, your love for Maddy is going to continue to touch thousands, millions, more than I can imagine. Thank you for embracing others through your journey and making a difference. Often we get so absorbed in our own problems, but I have only seen such selfless beauty from your family. Maddy always was thinking of others, and it is so evident where she got that. Thank you too for allowing me to be a part of your daughters life, she is special! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking so much of you all. Wondering exactly what happened, and wishing it could have worked out differently. It has also made me very afraid of any future treatment of Pete, should the blasts come back again in his CNS.
    But the biggest thing I think about is Maddy grabbing that chance to have her last swim, when she first heard that the blasts were back. I am just so glad that she got that swim.
    Hugs to you all. You are much in my thoughts.
    Bridget (Pete's mum)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANGELS ON ASSIGNMENT

    Having been through something similar in our family, I have no words of explanation why Maddy's life here on earth was cut short. However, I can say this, I believe with my entire being, just as God chose Mary and Joseph to carry His son, not knowing how long he would be with them, He has chosen very special people to love and care for his special angels sent here to earth on assignment...to bring awareness and love like no other human being can. As a Christian, I believe Dorothy and Russ were chosen by God to raise His angel, Maddy. She brought an entire community together bringing awareness, strengthening their faith and hope and love. People, all over the world knew to "pray for Maddy".

    God will lead you, Lambert Family. To continue the work Maddy started. ROMANS 8:38-39 says, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. God knows your hearts and the sadness you will feel. He will bring peace to you in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just watched the beautiful video of Maddy - thank you so much for sharing it. Words just cannot express right now, so just want you to know that I am continuing to lift up your family before our Father. He is real, He is faithful, He loves you, and He is still in control----even when nothing makes sense at all. God be with you and give you His Peace, Strength, Mercy and Comfort ---as only He can give. My heart is so sad with you, but at the same time, thankful to know Maddy is with Jesus and someday I will get to meet her and see her beautiful smile face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Maddie so much extra would it be if she would be here then I wouldn't be in this life should I have for my heart so much my grandpa and my whole family really love her so much if she was it be if she would be here I want to be here either I really love her thank you God in Jesus for blessing your blessing me we really enjoy her thanks God for letting her to be in your heart beating in my heart we really enjoyed her I really love her so much thank you God in Jesus for making her I love Maddy I just listen to I just give up

    ReplyDelete