Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break Extended (Day # 12)

Still waiting...  Total White Blood Cell Count = 200

To get specific,  Maddy's total white blood cell count has been going back and forth between 100 and 200 since her last chemo treatment.  Neutrophils are a type of white blood cell that make up 50%-70% of your total white blood cells and they are the infection fighters.  In order for the doctors to even consider letting Maddy come home, her neutrophil count has to be atleast 200 alone.  They don't even start counting the neutrophils until the total number of white blood cells in the body reaches a minimum of 500.  Today the doctor told Russ that this typically happens 20-29 days after the initial chemo treatment Maddy had 19 days ago, so  she could come home tomorrow or 10 days from now...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maddy,

    I was happy I got to see you today. You look great! I liked the braid in your dolls hair. My mom is not good at braiding my hair. You should teach my mom.

    Love,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete